Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Funny Kid Stories...

Yesterday I decided it was time to venture down into the basement and start going through all of Reagan's old baby clothes and toys- to get ready for baby Cara. We had four huge boxes to go through and seperate. Reagan "helped" or rather bothered :) but she had a blast doing so. I would hold up an outfit and say- "Oh Reagan, this outfit is nice, remember it?" Of course she didn't but she said, "Oh! It's just so cute!" She had to try on all of the infant socks- as much of the sock she could get halfway on her foot. She ended up taking her nap wearing one pink and one white baby sock! By the time we were through, we were both wearing stretchy baby head bands too! They were the ones Morgen sent Reagan when she was first born. Later that day I went through our avent bottles and Reagan had to have her after-nap milk in a bottle! It is going to be interesting when the baby gets here! Reagan is going to have to do everything the baby does!

I have a cousin who has a 3 yr. old and a 5 yr. old. Her 3 yr. old wanted to say the blessing at the dinner table the other evening. So, when she prayed she asked God to help her Dad because he was not perfect. After the prayer, the dad said to his little girl, "Well, I am perfect to you!" Then the 5 yr. old son piped up and said, "No, your not Daddy!" "You cough, sneeze, burp, poo-poo in the potty and you have a big butt!" I thought that was so funny! Kid's really do say some funny things!!!

Well, Reagan is officially potty-trained! Finally!!!! But, she still has a few issues with doing #2. She isn't really thrilled when it's time to do the deed. She covers her eyes. Sometimes she'll wait a day or two to go. Yesterday I knew she needed to go. She kept telling me that her belly hurt. So, I told her if she poo-pooed in the potty I would give her some M&M's. Well, that worked! After she went she said, "Whoa! That was a big Poop!" :)

A little undate on us... Things are going well. I am in my 26th week of my pregnancy! At my next appt. I have to do a glucose screening test. Yipee :( My belly is getting bigger and it is getting more difficult to sleep. And I still have a ways to go! Oh well.. Reagan says Mommy has a BIG belly and gets excited whenever she can touch it. But, things are good. Austin is staying busy with work and I am getting busy trying to get the nursery ready.

No comments: