Sunday, May 18, 2008

NASCAR Logos

Austin got two free tickets to the race last night in Charlotte. We were able to watch the race in a vip suite w/ all you can eat and drink. (we stuck to water... ha, ha. ) We also got a pit tour. We had a lot of fun. We didn't get home until the wee hours of the morning. Kasey Cain won the race. The cars went an average speed of 175 mph! There were over 100,000 people at the race. We were hoping to leave a little early to beat all the traffic, but our car was too far away. We ended up waiting in a standstill traffic line for almost 2 hrs. I took some pics that I'll be posting soon. Pics cannot show how big of an event it really was. I've never seen so many people at a sporting event in all my life! Too many shirtless rednecks to count! I've come to the conclusion that you're not a true southerner until you've been to a nascar race and felt the excitment with all those engines crank up. It's very cool, like nothing else!

Reagan is graduating from preschool Tuesday night. She will be having three birthday parties this yr! One at her school, one w/ her friends at Hickory Dickory Dock, and I pool party next Sunday w/ family. I hope it's not too chilly. It's been a cool May this yr.

2 comments:

David Wegley said...

That is really cool! Sounds like fun. I'm not into Nascar and I think I would like that. Miss you guys! Go Reagan!

Jeremy and Morgen said...

How fun!!