Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Great Children's Books

I just wanted to share some books that I think would be great to read with our little ones. Even if you don't have kids, keep these books in mind or read them to a younger family member or friend. Just READ!! I am convinced that books are a wonderful gift.

Bill Martin Jr.-
  • "Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?"
  • "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom"

David Shannon-

  • "No. David!" series

Eric Carl (awesome illustrator!)

  • "The Very Hungry Catepillar"
  • He has many others, you could just do a search on his name to pull up more.

Leo Lionni-

  • "Frederick"
  • "Swimmy"
  • "Inch By Inch"

Ian Falconer-

  • "Olivia" series

Also, if some of you out there like to read- an awesome book is "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. It's a young adult book but very well written. It is followed by two seqel books- "Gathering Blue" and "Messenger." I have yet to read these two but look forward to doing so. I hope posting this info. isn't boring to some. But, I just wanted to pass this along... There are many, many more great children's books out there. I encourage you to read to your little ones- no matter how small they are. It's never to soon to start!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will have to check some of them out! Thanks for sharing. :) I can't wait to start reading to Ian...in fact I need to start!