Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Very Sad Day in History

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


My heart grieves as I watch the news this week. There were so many thoughts that ran through my head yesterday while watching the memorial service held at Virginia Tech. How could someone do such a thing? What if that were my child? I had to stop and thank God for my salvation and for the Holy Spirit. I praise Him and thank Him for His protection and guidance upon my life and my loved ones. Life is so precious... We never know when it is our "time." And we never know when it is someone else's "time." If we as Christians ever feel compelled by the Holy Spirit to share God's love with someone- then we should do it!!! What are we afraid of? Humiliation or rejection? But on the other side, what do we have to gain? A soul! I'm sure the 32 people that were murdered on the campus of Virginia Tech didn't wake up Monday morning and think, "My life is going to end today..." "Today someone is going to come into my dorm room or classroom and shoot me point blank."

The point is no one ever promised us permanent safety and security in this world. We are not promised tomorrow. Our safety and security is found in the Lord. He alone is our refuge. Ps. 18:2 says, "The Lord is my rock, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
Ps. 27:5 states, "For in the day of trouble He will hide me safe in his dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock."

It is my hope that some of the people killed in this awful display of evil knew the Lord. But, what if they didn't? Were they ever approached by a Christian with the choice of accepting Christ? With all this said, let us make the most of every opportunity we have with others to share the love of Christ and His message of salvation.

No comments: